At the end of their meeting in narrow format, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and Amir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani continued talks with the participation of official delegations of the two countries.
The parties discussed in detail the state and prospects of development of Kazakh-Qatari relations, paying special attention to the prospects of trade, economic, investment, cultural and humanitarian cooperation.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that he sees Qatar as an authoritative member of the international community, playing an important role in the world arena.
The heads of state confirmed their mutual desire to strengthen trade and economic relations. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev expressed his readiness to provide all possible support to Qatari companies and invited them to take an active part in the implementation of joint investment projects in our country. In particular, he pointed to opportunities in agriculture, energy, petrochemicals, mining and finance.
The President noted that next year Kazakhstan and Qatar will celebrate the 30th anniversary of diplomatic relations.
- This is a milestone. During this period, we have established close interstate cooperation. A constructive political dialogue based on the bonds of traditional friendship and lasting partnership has been established. The Al-Farabi mosque and Sheikh Tamim Education Center built in Astana are a striking example of this. In addition, we have recently begun constructing a perinatal center in the village of Otegen Batyr in the Almaty region. We will always remember the comprehensive support and contribution of the State of Qatar to the development of our country. We are ready to continue to strengthen Kazakh-Qatari relations, - the Head of State noted.
In turn, Amir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani expressed gratitude to Kassym-Jomart Tokayev for warm hospitality and congratulated him on the upcoming Republic Day.
The leader of Qatar expressed his commitment to further develop comprehensive ties with Kazakhstan, stressing the need to intensify the work of the bilateral intergovernmental commission. He also spoke in favor of continuing work within multilateral structures, including through the Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia (CICA).
As a result of the state visit of the Emir of Qatar, the following documents were signed:
1. Protocol on amendments to the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the State of Qatar on exemption from visa requirements for holders of diplomatic and special passports.
2. Agreement on the Promotion and Mutual Protection of Investments between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the State of Qatar.
3. Agreement between the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of the State of Qatar on cooperation in the field of higher education and scientific research.
4. Agreement on the establishment of twinning relations between the Akimat of Astana and the Municipality of Doha.
5. Memorandum of Understanding in the field of trade between the Ministry of Trade and Integration of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Trade and Industry of the State of Qatar.
6. Agreement on mutual understanding on mutual cooperation in the field of health between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the State of Qatar.
7. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Municipality of the State of Qatar on cooperation in the field of agriculture.
8. Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation between the Institute of Metrology and Standardization of the Ministry of Trade and Integration of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the General Organization for Standardization of the State of Qatar.
9. The first executive program in the field of sports between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Sports and Youth of the State of Qatar for 2023-2025.
10. Program in the field of culture and art between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Culture of the State of Qatar for 2023-2025.
11. Memorandum of understanding on cooperation in the field of tourism and marketing activities between the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Qatar National Tourist Board of the State of Qatar.
12. Memorandum of cooperation in the training of diplomats between the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Institute of Diplomacy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Qatar.